Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Veteran's Day so awesome I felt the Earth move! Well, kinda!



Yesterday was a beautiful day here in Pensacola, FL. So much so that we grabbed our stuff, loaded up in the van, and headed to the park. We spent four hours having a picnic, playing football, tennis, and playing on the playground.




I decided to lay down and enjoy some cloud watching, since I have not done that since I was a small child. You know when life was carefree and you would take the time to see what the clouds resembled, laying in the grass that would later cause you to itch like crazy! Well I brought a towel, don't like itching, but wanted to enjoy. I thought about the clouds and how they move around the earth and the air currents and then I had an idea! I thought, "I wonder if I can be so quiet and still so as to feel the Earth move?" Well, It was amazingly difficult to stay still that long and really focus and imagine the world moving like we have all been taught in elementary school. But it felt for a few seconds that the world was moving!




What does this have to do with anything? I don't know. We just had a good time! I think the Westminster shorter catechism says, "The chief end of man is to glorify God and enjoy Him forever." K? Blessings!


Oh I almost forgot to tell you what I saw in the clouds! A cute little Scottish terrier! I think? ;)







1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lol..reminds me of what my biology professor said when she was talking about...something. She started singing "I feel the earth move, under my feet"..apparantely it was an older song?