Sunday, November 23, 2008

So what's holding you back?


I was talking to my oldest daughter today and just kind of working through some stuff and asking her to be in prayer about somethings, when we got on the subject of callings and desires. We, well I talked about what options I had for my life and some things that I was mulling over. I told her of a time when I went to a Women of Faith conference in Tampa, Fl. and how I knew then that I wanted to be one of those women who shared their journey and God's love and faithfulness. We talked about the ministry that her Daddy and I were in and really just beginning when he got sick, and we talked about the book I started writing a few years ago. I told her that my dream would be to write, and speak to people about God's love and grace. I want to tell the world about my Lord and that how through all the tough times, He was there. I want to tell others that at times I was angry and hurting so deep; He would gently clean my wounds, heal me, and love me all the way through my anger into His peace. I want to share Jesus because when I am able to teach others what I have learned about Him, in the deep dark places of my life, when I can share insights from His word,...I feel alive!




Then she asked the most profound question, "So, what exactly is holding you back?"

I answered with fear. It was sad but yet eye opening at the same time. For we were not given a spirit of fear, but of power, love, and a sound mind.

It is something to think about, so I ask you, "What exactly is holding you back?"

No comments: