Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Poem 7/13/2010



Daddy let it rain today
and let them know I feel this way.

Broken pieces on the floor
Where my heart was whole before

Shattered door and bended hope,
with heartache, I now do cope.

Take it slow and careful from the start.
I fall too quickly and give my heart.

Tried to be smart, tried to be wise,
Was it in mine or your eyes?

I chose to trust again, ... to believe
in something wonderful, my mind can't see.

Shrouded by fear, entrenched in doubt
The past has proven what this is about.

Siting in silence, pondering the pain
Wondering if, ...today it will rain?

New hurt brings back an old familiar wound,
For you, perhaps it was too soon.

My quiet heart loves and on my sleeve does lay,
For fear or some reason I have lost today.

With eyes stinging and blurred by the pain,
"Daddy,...please let it rain."
So they won't see, the tears fall down...
Let your healing rain mend my broken heart,
without
a
sound.

No comments: